What we provide?
We offer free monthly creative sessions where you can learn new skills in a safe and welcoming environment, and provide a platform to use theatre as a way to have your voice heard. Through our sessions, participants will be given the opportunity to:
- Take part in enjoyable and inspiring activities to boost mood, aid memory and develop concentration skills.
- Meet new people in your community.
- Learn skills in the arts that are useful in all areas of life.
- Improve communication and discover how to express yourself through body and voice.
- Release inner tension and anxiety.
- Explore personal challenges we face and in society as a whole.
Who are they for?
We welcome all, whatever your theatrical experience. Our creative sessions currently include individuals who are homeless and ex-homeless, those with mental health support needs and those seeking sanctuary. If English isn’t your first language, please don’t worry as we will support you. We have strong relationships with local grass-roots organisations and invite service users and staff to our creative workshops to use theatre as a way to explore relevant issues.
Where to find the Creative Sessions?
We currently facilitate monthly sessions in 6 communities across the UK, hosted by our partner venues.
- Theatre in the Mill, Bradford
- ARC Stockton Arts Centre
- York Theatre Royal
- The Civic, Barnsley
- The Albany, Deptford, South London
- Camden People’s Theatre, London
If you or your organisation would like to find out more or invite us to facilitate sessions in your community please get in touch.