We offer monthly training for adults to try out and develop new skills in a range of creative and arts activities. CREATING TOGETHER is open to everyone and suitable for people who have never taken part in arts and drama before as well as those with more experience. Through the sessions we will create a safe and supportive environment to explore lots of different creative skills.
- Meet new people in your community.
- Learn skills in the arts that are useful in all areas of life.
- Improve communication and discover how to express yourself through body and voice.
- Release inner tension and anxiety.
- Explore personal challenges we face and in society as a whole.
We want the sessions to be really relevant to everyone who comes along, so if people are keen to learn more about writing, film, costume or set design etc, we can begin to focus the sessions on these areas. CREATING TOGETHER sessions are open to anyone who would benefit from a boost in confidence, exploring their creative potential and have an interest in working towards a more inclusive society. If English is not your first language, don’t worry, we will support you.
These sessions will be particularly relevant to:
– People who have experienced, or are at risk of, homelessness
– Refugees and asylum seekers
– People with mental health support needs
Everyone who comes along will get free lunch and tea and coffee.
Where to find the Creative Sessions?
Creating Together is currently taking a break for the remainder of 2019 but we have been running for three years in:
- Theatre in the Mill, Bradford
- ARC Stockton Arts Centre
- York Theatre Royal
- The Civic, Barnsley
- The Albany Deptford, London
We are currently working to secure a new program of session for 2020.
Creating Together has been part of a larger 3-year project supported by Arts Council England and Bradford City Council.